Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday in the Polka-dot Playhouse

Wow. What a day. I'm not even sure where to start. It was overall, an okay day I guess. Mostly just chaotic and crazy. Oh well, what can you expect with 14 three year olds? On the playground I was greeted with a GIANT hug by one of the girls I babysit who is in the 4 year old class. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and proceeded to tell her how beautiful she looked today. She had no interest in complements however, she ripped her headband off her head and flung it into my hands saying "here hold this" as she sprinted off to the other side of the playground to catch up with her friends. I guess the babysitter gets to be in charge of clothing items on the playground. She is just precious and makes my day every time I get to see her.
I swear our hermit crab (the polka-dot class pet) in invincible or something. One day Amy left him/her in the car when it was about 95 degrees. Somehow the hermit crab survived. Last night, Amy put him/her outside during the afternoon so it could get some fresh air (our classrooms are really cold.) Well low and behold, Amy forgot about our dear friend and it ended up spending the night outside of the preschool door. Oops. When Amy arrived this morning, she immediately went to see if our dear friend was still outside. It was! She carefully brought the hermit crab into the classroom. We put it back in its normal spot in the room. After about 2 hours, Amy informed me that ants had invaded the cage while the hermit crab spent the night outside. GREAT. So then we were trying to battle an army of ants that had decided to make a home in our hermit crabs cage. Somehow, the hermit crab has still survived all of these horrific experiences. What a trooper.

Until tomorrow (or I have something else to blog about)
xoxo,
Miss Megan

P.S. check out this presh headband I crafted to sport at the App tailgate next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment