Monday, September 12, 2011

Polka-dots learning the rules

For the past week, the polka-dots have been spending alot of time learning the rules of the polka-dot playhouse and SPP. Who knew learning how to walk in a straight line could be so challenging. We have spent lots of time working on being able to sit "criss cross apple sauce" which has been a daunting task for most. Some of their legs simply do not bend that way on their own yet! All of these things will come with time, practice and patience! After school I ventured to one of my students house who I am going to watch after school for the next two weeks. She seemed a bit confused as to why Miss Megan was at her house and not just at school. As her mother and I talked and she showed me around the house, the little girl realizes no one is paying attention to her. She becomes annoyed and yells "EVERYBODY." As her mother and I turned to her with surprised looks on our faces, she says in a quiet and innocent voice, "stop talking!" It was so cute that she was so frustrated that no one way paying attention to her she became angry and started to yell, but once she got our attention, she returned back to her sweet and innocent demeanor.
This evening I babysat for a new family that has 2 beautiful blonde girls. The family rarely has babysitters so the girls considered it a holiday. As I walk in the door, the youngest daughter turns to her mom and says, "ok, bye mom." I had such a good time spending the evening with these two girls. I wish they used babysitters more often!!

Tomorrow is another day in the polka-dot playhouse! I can't wait to see what happens!

xoxo
Miss Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment